We all know one of the best parts of Christmas is all the delish food you get to eat, right?! But why spend hours slaving away in the kitchen when you could be spending time with loved ones and chowing down on ripper pav by the poolside (one of the perks of an Aussie Xmas).
I know I’d rather have a frothy in hand while playing an awkward game of Cards Against Humanity with my in-laws than be in the kitchen sweating up a storm over the stove! So I’ve put together a nice little list of easy desserts literally ANYONE, possibly even the dog, could make!
Not to mention, all of these are under $20!!
Merry Berry Trifle
My nan makes the best trifle! It’s just one of those things that gives me all the warm and fuzzies 🙂 Yet it’s something I have only attempted recently because it always just ‘looked’ too hard, but now I know how ridiculously easy it is to make!!
I got my trifle bowl from Woolies, find it here.
- 3 x packets Woolworths Select Jelly Strawberry
- 1 x punnet Strawberries
- Woolworths Long Life Custard
- Woolworths Jam Rollette
- Woolworths Thickened Cream
- Mixed Berries (Depending whats in season)
- Prepare the jelly in a heat proof bowl/jug and pour into the trifle bowl. Pop it in the fridge for around an hour and a half, or until it’s a thick syrup consistency but not set.
- Cut up your strawberries and place them in the jelly. Position them so you can see them from the outside and they look like they’re floating in the jelly. Pop back into the fridge, leave till set (best overnight)
- Once set, pour in the custard. Cut the jam rolls into sections and place them around the outside of the bowl so you can see them through the glass. Fill the empty space in the middle with the leftover rolls.
- Whip the cream and spread over the jam rolls, folding it around and pushing out to the sides.
- Cover with mixed berries and garnish with mint.
Classic Christmas Pavlova
So what makes this Pav a Christmas Pav? The fact I called it that! Really you can do whatever you like on top of your pav, but this is my go-to for Christmas because it just looks so festive!!
My dad is a huge Pav fan, and I’ve made this exact one the last three years! And it never disappoints!! Plus it takes all of about 5 minutes to make, with time for a few sips of your wine here and there 😉
Just pop it on a cute cake stand, and voila!
- Woolworths Pavlova Base
- Woolworths Thickened Cream
- Mixed berries (Depending what’s available)
- Mint to garnish
- Pop your Pavlova base on a cake stand. I suggest using a knife to remove it from the base in the box or it can crumple and break otherwise.
- Whip your cream and fold it over the pavlova base. A nice thick layer is best!
- Pop your berries on, the messier the better! Don’t try and ‘place’ them, literally just throw them on.
- Garnish with mint.
Rich Chocolate Pudding
The festive season can be such a crazy busy time. Between all the social gatherings and shopping you’ve gotta do, it can be easy to drop the ball and completely forget that you were supposed to bring the dessert 😉
But never fear, because in just 40 seconds and with a little presentation hack, you’ve got yourself the most delish Chocolate pudding you’ve ever had! I popped one of these bad boys in my shop, just to have as “in case of emergency” or you know, a Wednesday night just because!
Pop it on a cute plate like the Inspire Christmas Star Serving Plate!
- Woolworths Rich Chocolate Pudding
- That’s it!
- Follow the directions, pop in microwave for the required time
- Serve 😉