So I thought since it was the peak of winter, what a better time to share my go-to Mulled Wine recipe. It’s super easy and low fuss and tastes DELICIOUS – so what more could you want. And since I’m so enthusiastic about it I even made a little video for you to follow along (scroll to the bottom).
- 1-2 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Cloves
- 1 Nutmeg (grated)
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Vanilla Pod (or extract if you’re on a budget like me)
- 1 Cup of caster sugar
- 1 Red Wine (Merlot or Shiraz is my fav)
- Get your pot and add the star anise, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. Also peel from the orange, lemon and lime and the juice.
- Add the sugar and stir in with the juice so it starts to dissolve.
- Pop around 1/8 of the bottle of wine and heat on the stove to make a syrup.
- Add the remaining wine to heat and serve.