So recently we welcomed the new Baby Jogger City Select Lux to the family. He was right at home next to the rest of the BJ family we’ve acquired over the years, our current City Mini GT and our new City Tour as we travel a lot. We are also City Select fans from way back, as it was our first and only pram with Annabelle for many years! So you can imagine we were pretty excited to try out there new Lux model.
When first asked, we noted that we were not really in the need for a double pram anymore but happy to take it for a spin for a few weeks to give our thoughts on the comparisons to the other models. Well, was I wrong!
Firstly, the new Lux has a bench seat for older kids, so my worries for Annabelle not fitting in the second seat were not necessary. It is also not nearly as heavy as my older City Select (around 13kg) so pushing two toddlers in the pram is not as hard as I thought. Now that I have been scooting round with the pram for the last few weeks, I don’t know how I go by without it!
I always loved my City Select and found it was a really robust and steady pram, much needed for where I live. But I did find it to be a tad bulky and awkward to fold. the new Lux model is 30% smaller when folding and automatically locks, so it’s even easier to carry. All-wheel suspension and a decelerating hand brake provide increased comfort and control for this all terrain stroller, meaning it still retains all the features I needs but is smaller and easier to use.
Some other great features include its many configurations. In-fact, it has the most riding options of any single to double stroller – over 20! That’s 25% more riding options than City Select®. Add an infant car seat, pram, second seat, or bench seat to accommodate up to two children. Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibling facing. This has been great for us as Teddy was never a huge pram fan unless facing me. Now her sister can also hop on means I am getting out way more and walking with the girls. Annabelle was never a fan of the skateboard. She found it to unsteady to be on and got upset quite quickly.
The City Select, and now City Select Lux were also a favourite because of it’s large basket size. Now the Lux also has a shopping tote option meaning even more space for all those shopping trips 😉
Overall we’ve been extremely impressed by the Lux model. From thinking we no longer needed a double pram, we’ve become quite attached and using the pram every day. It has a great mix of practicality, as well as being sleek and fashionable.
We love the City Select Lux so much that we have even collaborated with baby Jogger to bring you an amazing giveaway so one lucky reader can take home their very own brand new City Select Lux valued at over $1200. For all entry instructions and terms and conditions please see below.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition is running across Facebook and Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding. As such, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry is open to worldwide entrants aged 18 years and older.
- To enter the entrant must ‘Like’ the House of White & Baby Jogger Australia Facebook pages and Instagram pages and submit their entry by 5pm September 3rd
- Shipping costs to any Australian entrant is included in the prize. Shipping cost to any other country other than Australia is at the cost of the winning entrant.
- Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or product and no exchanges are offered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize (or part thereof).
- Winners will be notified by a comment on the House Of White Instagram and Facebook pages by 8:00pm (AEST) on Sunday 3rd of September. Winners will be required to send back their name and e-mail address by e-mailing email@example.com in order to receive the prize.
- Whilst best efforts will be made to contact the winners, in the event that for any reason the winners cannot be notified after reasonable attempts, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize. If the prize is unclaimed after three months, it will be redrawn at 6pm on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at the same time and place as the original draw and the winner notified by comment on house Of White Facebook & Instagram page.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- By entering this competition, entrants accept the above-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry.