So you can tell I’ve been spending too much time with Brit Noonan 😉 As I’ve been on a little kick to make some healthy changes, for both the kids and I. It started with protein and smoothies and now she’s got me finding some healthy alternatives, because there ain’t no chance this girl is gonna give up chocolate!!
So I thought I’d share with you this awesome 3 ingredient choccy mousse I found using Well Naturally chocolate. I was a bit hesitant because the healthy stuff usually tastes like arse, but this one is actually good – especially the peppermint if your looking for a yummy snack.
It was also super fun to make with the girls and took no time at all – check it out!
Makes 6 mini jars at about ½ cup capacity.
- 180g Well Naturally Rich Dark or Creamy Milk
- Chocolate (we used both)
- 400ml of thickened cream
- 2 egg whites
- Diced strawberries
- Extra cream
- Grated Well Naturally Chocolate
- In a medium, very dry mixing bowl place the egg whites and beat until soft peaks are formed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixture until it begins to thicken. Be careful not to over beat.
- Melt the Well Naturally Chocolate until runny and smooth (either over a double-boiler, or broken up in the microwave on high in 30 second batches, stirring in between).
- While the chocolate is hot, begin to beat the cream and pour the Well Naturally Chocolate in at the same time until it’s just mixed through.
- Fold in the egg whites using a spatula. Spoon or pipe the mousse into individual jars, seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, add diced strawberries, a little fresh mint, extra cream and shavings of your favourite Well Naturally Chocolate
A big thank you to Mel Hatty for letting me use her kitchen and being official taste tester, they got her tick of approval also 😉